Do you have a craving for peanut butter cups? We all do!
Here is a healthy alternative that is also delicious. Shakeology Peanut Butter Cups.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make 12 Shakeology Peanut Butter Cups:
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 2 scoops of chocolate vegan Shakeology
- 1 Tbsp of psyllium husk powder
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree (canned)
- mini cupcake liners
- 6 tsp of natural smooth peanut butter
Instructions On How To Make Shakeology Peanut Butter Cups
- Step 1 – Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chocolate chips in a small oven-proof bowl and heat in oven for 15 minutes, or until melted.
- Step 2 – While the chocolate is melting, place Shakeology powder, psyllium husk, and pumpkin puree in food processor. Pulse until if forms a dough.
- Step 3 – Divide dough into 12 small balls and portion into each cupcake liner. Press dough down into a flat disk with depression in the middle. Place a 1/2 tsp of peanut butter into each depression.
- Step 4 – Remove chocolate from oven and stir to melt completely. Drizzle evenly over each cup and spread to create a thin chocolate layer on top (about 1/2 tsp of chocolate per cup).
- Step 5 – Freeze for 30 minutes or until chocolate hardens.
- Step 6 – Chow Down!! 🙂
Nutritional Information Compared To The Reese”s PB Cups (per serving)
(*The first number listed is the information for the Shakeology version, the second number listed in bold is for the original Reese’s version.)
Calories: 75 – (Reese’s – 210)
Carbohydrates: 9g – (Reese’s – 24g)
Protein: 4g – (Reese’s 5g)
Fat: 3g – (Reese’s – 13g)
Sodium: 43mg – (Reese’s -150mg)
As you can see from the numbers above, the Shakeology Peanut Butter Cups are almost a third of the calories of the original Reese’s version, and an overall better choice. Plus, you will have fun making these and sharing them with your friends, family, and children.