Today was Day 3 of the the Beachbody Ultimate Reset, here’s my review.
BREAKFAST – Scrambled Eggs, Whole-Grain Toast, Kale w/Pine Nuts
LUNCH – Lentil Lime Salad, Microgreen Salad w/Basic Vinaigrette Dressing
SNACK – Apple w/Peanut Butter
DINNER – Tropical Shakeology w/Frozen Mixed Berries
Breakfast was the same as Day 1. Lunch was somewhat of a new meal as it included a Lentil Lime Salad which personally, I was somewhat indifferent towards as it didn’t really have much taste. The recommended dinner was Nori Rolls w/Tempeh, but I couldn’t find Tempeh Strips so I substituted the Tropical Shakeology w/Frozen Mixed Berries. I know it’s ok to substitute the Tropical Shakeology for a meal, but I’m not sure if it matters which meal…hope not…Marcus? I blended a scoop of the Shakeology w/Frozen Mixed Berries and 8 ounces of water and it was really good!!!
SUPPLEMENTS (same for each day of week 1):
MINERALIZE – 4 pinches
OXYGENIZE – 30-45 drops
OPTIMIZE – 6 capsules
ALKALINIZE – 1 packet
Different day, same opinion of the Alkalinize…nasty!
WATER (EXTREMELY IMPORTANT):
Drinking DISTILLED water is extremely important during the Reset. Headaches can be a side effect of the Ultimate Reset as your body is getting rid of all the toxins so staying hydrated is key to helping keep the headaches to a minimum. Based on my weight this morning (258), I decided to drink a gallon of water (128 ounces) today and will continue to do so for the entirety of the Reset. From my understanding, you’re supposed to drink (in ounces) “half your weight.”
7:20am – Supplements (MINERALIZE/OXYGENIZE/OPTIMIZE)
7:50am – Breakfast
12:20pm – Supplements (MINERALIZE/OXYGENIZE/OPTIMIZE)
12:50pm – Lunch
3:25pm – Supplements (MINERALIZE/ALKALINIZE)
3:55pm – Snack
8:00pm – Supplements (MINERALIZE/OXYGENIZE/OPTIMIZE)
8:30pm – Dinner
THOUGHTS AFTER DAY 3:
3 days in and I still haven’t had a diet soda!!! I know it sounds lame, but I’m kinda proud of myself for this because I really am addicted to diet soda.
As far as my hunger level today, I was hungriest between lunch and dinner so I decided to have a snack again today. As I mentioned yesterday, one of my biggest problems in terms of eating healthy is that I eat late at night and to make it worse, I eat terrible food late at night. Through the first three days of the Reset, my after-dinner cravings haven’t been that bad…nowhere near as bad as they usually are.
I wasn’t as sluggish and exhausted today as I was yesterday, but I’m starting to wonder when I’ll actually feel the positive effects of the Reset. Hopefully I will feel a jolt of energy over the next few days because that is one of the positive effects of the Reset that made me want to complete the program.
QUESTIONS FOR MARCUS:
1) I hate to ask this…I haven’t done a #2 since Monday…is this normal?
2) What is the optimal amount of sleep I should get every night? 8 hrs? 7 hrs? More?
GOALS (Reiterated) (#3 IS AN ADDITION):
1) Although losing weight is not my main goal of the Reset, I would like to lose 15 lbs after the 21st day and get down to 243.
2) My main goal is to get my body in a better “state” after 21 days as I hope to start INSANITY after finishing the Reset. I tired INSANITY before, but I was in such terrible shape, I only last about 5 days. I’m hoping that after completing this Reset, my body will be better able to handle the INSANITY workouts.
3) After the 21 days are complete, I hope to actually enjoy cooking and I hope to have gained a liking for 4-5 meals that are included in the Reset that I can make on a regular basis. So far, through 3 days, I will say my favorite meals have been the Oatmeal & Yogurt as part of breakfast of Day 2 as well as the Day 2 Dinner of Black Beans & Rice. I will definitely eat these meals post-Reset.
That’s all for now regarding Day 3 of 21 of the Ultimate Reset.
If you have any questions or suggestions to make the Reset better, easier, etc, please feel free to leave them in this thread.